We seek DEDICATED caregivers to help make a TREMENDOUS difference in the lives of highly functioning adults with differencing learning abilities. In this role, Staffers help clients to develop key life skills and help them increase their quality of life by engaging them in the community as they so choose. Be a WORLD CHANGER by helping wonderful people in your community!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Our On-Call Direct Support/Community Mentors are specifically responsible for the following;
- Working closely with families of adults with developmental differences.
- Provide supports in connecting people with integrated activities in the community.
- Come prepared to engage the individual with meaningful activities.
- Assist clients with daily living tasks (example: grocery shopping, scheduling appointments, personal care routines (as needed), provide travel training and coaching on money management and safety procedures, etc.).
- Assist clients to develop life skills in their own home, as well as build skills within community settings
- Complete client specific training's within 24 hours of work assignment.
- Complete any expired training annually (example: First Aid/CPR, Bloodborne Pathogens, etc.);
- Otherwise show proof/certificate of completion if done within another Agency
- Submit weekly reports, timesheets and mileage documentation online.
- On-Call personnel must check emails daily and respond to job assignments within a timely manner
- All staff must successfully complete a background check.
- As an attempt to match clients and staff appropriately, if time allows, staff are asked to meet with a potenital client prior to receiving a assignment.
- Staff must also attend a new-hire orientation in the Bowie Office.
- Complete all State and Agency online trainings prior the start of work.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Our Community Mentors/Life Skills Trainers must be willing to accompany clients to appointments and various outings.
- Must have a valid State issued ID, active driver's license, auto insurance and reliable transportation if you are using your personal vehicles with clients; otherwise MUST be willing to travel (with) individuals on public or paratransit services.
- Able to use community resources to develop engaging activities.
- Have patience and good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to navigate basic computer applications, fax machine and/or general smart phone.
- Must have a high-school Diploma, Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience supporting individuals with disabilities.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must demonstrate excellent English language and written communication skills.
- Pass background checks (State and Medicaid), a potential drug test and reference checks will be performed prior to hire.
- Occasional lifting (50-75 pounds) – varies by client
Salary: Starting $12.00 -$13.00 per hour depending on client needs and location